What certificate or Covid test do we require from students?
We do not ask for any certificate, nor any PCR or antigens test. We assume that if the students have already entered the country they have already fulfilled the relevant requirements.
Students must comply with the health measures required by the health authorities at the time, both inside and outside the school.
What health measures are followed in our schools?
PROYECTO ESPAÑOL holds strict health requirements as requested by FEDELE´s protocol (Schools of Spanish as a Foreign Language Federation) following specifications proposed by ICTE (the Institute for Spanish Tourism Quality) which has created health quality standards to avoid infections amongst staff and students.
We follow the following regulations:
- It is compulsory to wear a mask.
- Students must keep a distance of 1.5 meters in common areas.
- The schools are disinfected twice a day.
- There is Hand-Sanitizing Gel and Spray and disposable paper in every classroom and common area.
- The air extractors are set 55 minutes every hour to renew the air and maintain it fresh. (Alicante)
Since June 2020 all our schools holds the SAFE SCHOOL certificate, awarded by FEDELE.
What health measures are followed in families?
With the families we work with, we follow the following regulations:
- Only students who know each other or come together will share a room.
- Students should bring their own hydroalcoholic gel and masks for personal use.
- Families disinfect bathrooms and kitchens daily.
- Personal belongings must be kept in each student's room, not in the common areas.
What health measures are followed in private buses?
(For transfers and school group activities)
With the bus companies we work with, we follow the following regulations:
- It is compulsory to wear a mask and use the hydroalcoholic gel before entering the bus.
- We can book a bus that exceeds the actual capacity of the group so that they can be spaced further apart. Even two buses are possible to ensure that a distance of 1.5 meters is kept inside. This is done upon request of the group.
Do we do activities and excursions?
Yes, we continue to offer activities and excursions for both individual students and groups.
For certain activities, it is not possible to plan precise arrangements in advance. Everything depends on what is possible at the time when they are going to take place.
What to do in case of possible infection?
- The student will be immediately separated from the group and asked to stay at home.
- The health local authorities will be called and we will follow their instructions.
- In case of a positive Covid-19 test, students with close contact will be contacted immediately to inform them of the steps required by the local authority. If students are not vaccinated, they will be quarantined.
- If sharing a room, the other student will be re-accommodated elsewhere immediately. Students who have to change from a double room to a single room will be charged extra.
Payments and cancellations
If the student cancels the course with more than two weeks' notice PROYECTO ESPAÑOL will reimburse the total paid except for the registration fee and the non-refundable charges as bank costs or document mailing (as regular Terms and Conditions).
Due to the COVID situation during 2020 and 2021 we will apply the following exception:
If the student can’t attend and notifies us less than two weeks leading up to the starting date, we offer the following options:
- Reschedule the course for a future date at no additional cost.
- Option to join the online course (price may be reduced as the online course does not have the 60 EUR registration fee)
If the student finally cancels, he/she will only be penalized for one week, instead of two (applies to both course and accommodation).
It is crucial that the student informs us of any changes they wish to make on the Thursday before the starting date, at the latest, in order for their registration to be updated. Whether that be changing the date of the course, moving to the online course, or canceling the course.
The payment of 20% is required in order to confirm the booking of a program. This amount will be deducted from the total cost of the program. The rest of the payment must be received one week before the start date of the program. Payments can be made by bank transfer or by credit card.
In case the group is unable to travel due to the pandemic:
- If cancelled 1 week before the start of the trip, PROYECTO ESPAÑOL will reimburse the total cost of the program (except money for activities requiring payment in advance and bank charges) or the trip will be postponed.
- If cancelled less than 3 days before the start of the trip, a penalty of 60EUR per student will be charged.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org